Monday, July 19, 2010

Welcome Baby Mary Ellen

She's here. Mary Ellen Fleming arrived at 11:43 p.m. on Thursday, July 15. She weighed 7 pounds exactly and she was 20 inches long. She has 10 fingers, 10 toes, dark blond hair, and some of the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.

We couldn't be more thankful or feel more blessed. She is absolutely beautiful, and we're loving every minute that we get to spend with her. Here are just a few pics from her first days.

Welcome to the world, baby girl!

Healthy and happy!

What a proud papa! Brian took very good care of our little one while I was in recovery. He got to feed her for the first time.

We're heading home! It's funny how she was swimming in the littlest of the outfits that we brought. Just like her Mom, she has a somewhat smallish head. Could I be any happier?

This was after Mary Ellen's first "bath" last night. We're thrilled to have my mom here. She's been a great big help, and she's as happy as can be to be spending time with her new grandbaby.

So...who does she look like? It's funny how much that changes from minute to minute. In this one, I think she's all Daddy's girl.

9 comments:

  1. Baby Mary Ellen is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I am with you-she is all Daddy in that last pic :) I am sure your mom is soaking in all that fabulous grandma time!! We are LOVING the pictures of our gorgeous niece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa! Thanks for sharing some more pictures! Mary Ellen is just beautiful! I'm glad your mom is here to help, and I hope you're feeling well. I can't wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, she's beautiful alright!! I do think she looks like Brian, but then in other pictures Brian sent, I see you. I'm really looking forward to spending time next week with my new granddaughter and her mom and dad:)
    Lisa, you look like you're easily filling the mommy-roll, which is no surprise. Much love to all

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful, and it's great to see how happy you two are. I can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's such a cutie! I've been stalking your blog for pictures. I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like Brian! I thought so in the hospital and I maintain my opinion currently. :) I agree with you though that one shift of the head and she can look totally different! Can't wait to see her again and see if she's sporting a "Lisa look."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Lisa and Brian! You look like naturals. Mary Ellen has a super cute name and face. I think she looks like Brian. I will look forward to the next update in case my opinion changes. XO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful. We are so happy for you all. Love all the photo's. And yes she does look like Brian. Great Aunt Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am just loving all the pictures! My favorites are the headband shots! She is so beautiful! Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete