Mary Ellen had her second doctor's appointment yesterday. She did very well and was very cooperative with everything they asked her to do (i.e., lay still, stretch out, and not poop on them while taking her temperature). Her weight was back up where they wanted it at a sturdy 7 lbs, 3.5 oz, so we got the OK to let her sleep a little longer at night. Hooray! She went for 4 hours between feedings last night, and we are one happy family this morning.
We're starting to see a lot more "sleep smiles" and it's such a glimpse into what's to come. Yesterday was also the first day when I feel like I really made eye contact with her, and my heart just melted. Then it melted again when she reached up and grabbed onto my finger while she was nursing. I really don't think I could be any more in love.

One more milestone - she's napping in her crib as we speak. Until this morning, she'd been in the Pack-n-Play 100% of the time for naps and for overnight, but we wanted to try out the crib so that she could be in a totally cat-free area. So far, she's sleeping like a champ. And God bless video monitors or none of this would be possible!
Here are some of the people that Mary Ellen has spent her first week with. She's been surrounded by family and friends the entire time, and she's loving every minute of it!

Me and My Momma
(Go Tigers!)

Snuggling with Daddy

Grandma Janet and Grandpa Dave

Grandma Mary Anne

Uncle Michael (1 of 2 Uncle Mikes) and Aunt Lindsay
So glad she gained weight and let her Mommy sleep a little more!! Loved seeing her in the crib, she looks really tiny but I am sure she will grow into it. I am counting the days unjtil I get back down to her ( oh it will be nice to see you and Brian again, too)
ReplyDeleteSo jealous!! Wish we could hold the little darling!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on crib time! I was such a wimp :) Maybe I should invest in a video monitor...