After 6 amazing months of being home with Mary Ellen, I've started to do a little "now what?" kind of thinking. How do I keep being Lisa and not just Mom? It was inevitable, right? Part of this thinking started when I noticed that we're finally getting into a routine. I can start to plan our days around her naps and feedings. She's back to sleeping through the night (for now, I know) so my days haven't been dragging quite the way they were for the past few weeks.
This thinking also stems from the fact that I have a lot of education and experience that I'm not really using right now. Yes, I do get to use my teaching background every day with Mary Ellen, and I know this will become more and more useful everyday. I've also really enjoyed writing this blog, so my editing/writing experience hasn't gone to waste either. I guess maybe I'd just like to get paid for something. Crazy, huh?
So, on Thursday, I published my first article on Examiner.com. Examiner is a national online publication that specializes in local content of all sorts. I was brought on to be an Orlando Motherhood Examiner, which means that I'll be writing about all sorts of mom-related topics. While many of my articles will be Orlando-specific, I hope that those of you who read my blog might take an interest in some of them, too. I'll plan to cover a lot of local events and activities, but many of my articles will have some value (I hope) no matter where you live.
One main reason to check out the articles is that I get paid based on the number of page views that I get. Yes, this is a shameless plea for you to check out my articles. To make it easy, I've added a feed to the upper left corner of the blog. You should be able to click on the links and go right to the different articles. If you think an article is worthwhile, please send the link to your friends, too.
I promise not to spend more time on this since I know the real reason you check this blog is to see photos and videos of Mary Ellen. And I love that you do! As a token of my appreciation, please enjoy this cuteness:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loved your articles. You are so talented. This is perfect for you!
ReplyDeleteYay!! I'm so excited that you'll be doing some writing, which you like to do, AND getting paid too:) While enjoying the cute video of Mary Ellen and Ernie, I thought, "Oh, I guess they got an Ernie too." Then I noticed the person holding Mary Ellen had these red fuzzy socks on which I believe you had given me, and I thought, "Lisa must have kept a pair of socks like that for herself." Then I noticed the room looked like our place, and finally that 'I' was holding Mary Ellen! How slow AM I?!
ReplyDeleteMary Anne, you crack me up. Don't you love how she looks from me to you to Ernie then back to each of us again? She's loving it!
ReplyDeleteJust read your coverage of story time and am looking forward to the upcoming local libraries tour. Great job (as always)!
ReplyDelete