I love being a mom.
I don't mind the late nights or early mornings. I don't mind the stains or the tears. I love spending time with this incredible little person that Brian and I created. She challenges me. She makes me laugh. She's one of a kind, and I'm so blessed to be her mom. It still makes me tear up when I refer to her as "my daughter." I have a buddy, and though I know our relationship will grow and evolve (and be strained) over the years, the idea of having a girl to share things with fills my heart.
And I love being a daughter. I've been blessed to have such a good role model in my mom. She's the most patient and positive person I know. When we were growing up, she taught by example. She showed us how to do so many things: how to cook, to garden, to sew, to create, to travel, to laugh, to play, and to teach. I get to use so many of these skills everyday, and I think of her constantly as I spend my days with Mary Ellen and dream of all the things that I'll one day show her.
I only hope that I can be half as good a mom as she has been.
Love you, Mom. Love you, Mary Ellen.
Awww, Lisa! This made me all teary-eyed! How sweet!
ReplyDelete