Sunday, October 3, 2010

Buddah Belly

Mary Ellen has grown so much lately! I realized the other day that I forgot to update her stats after her last appointment. This was her 2 month appointment, and she weighed 12 lbs 2.5 oz (keep in mind that she was 7 lbs even at birth). I just love that she's gaining weight to easily, because it means that we must be doing something right, right? I think this video gives you a good idea of exactly where she's putting on the pounds.

On a side note: At the doctor's appointments, there are always a lot of questions to answer about her development and I was telling Brian about the questions that I had to reply "no" to. One was that we haven't been able to catch her laughing, though Mary Anne says she got her to giggle with her famous animal sounds. The other question was, "Is she putting weight on her legs?" Now, up to that point, Mary Ellen hadn't been willing to stand up on her legs, so I replied "No." Brian, however, misunderstood question and looked at me, shocked. "What!?" he said. "Have you seen her legs? I think she's put on plenty of weight in her legs." Ha!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad we're living in high tech times that enable us to receive almost daily updates and videos of our granddaughter who lives 1,000 miles away. She is definitely filling out nicely, seems quite happy and content; so yes, you're doing everything right:)
    In less than 3 weeks, we'll get to see you, Brian and Mary Ellen, but LIVE!:)

    ReplyDelete