Last week, Mary Ellen and I met with Carissa (aka the Diaper Lady) and had our official "Diaper Consultation." Basically, I just went to her house and looked at all of the products that were available, and then made a few purchases. She was great, though, and answered a lot of my questions. We're starting small, so I only came home with 4 items. In case you're curious, we bought 2 Bum Genius All-in-Ones and 2 Thirsties Duo Diapers. These are 2 different types of pocket diapers, which means they have liners that you stuff into a pocket inside the cute little diapers. Then the diapers go on the baby using either snaps or Velcro. They're really easy to use and so far, they haven't sprung any leaks.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Cloth Diapers cont.
Just for the record, I'm not as crazy as I once thought for considering cloth diapers.
Last week, Mary Ellen and I met with Carissa (aka the Diaper Lady) and had our official "Diaper Consultation." Basically, I just went to her house and looked at all of the products that were available, and then made a few purchases. She was great, though, and answered a lot of my questions. We're starting small, so I only came home with 4 items. In case you're curious, we bought 2 Bum Genius All-in-Ones and 2 Thirsties Duo Diapers. These are 2 different types of pocket diapers, which means they have liners that you stuff into a pocket inside the cute little diapers. Then the diapers go on the baby using either snaps or Velcro. They're really easy to use and so far, they haven't sprung any leaks.
The other kind of diapers that we're experimenting with are the diaper wraps. With these, you use the old fashioned tri-fold diapers. I've finally managed to find the pin alternative, so the prefolds are now very easy to use. I've had a few leaks with these, but I'm pretty sure they were due to a user error (um, me) and I'm not giving up yet.
This little doohickey is called a Snappi, and it means that I don't have to use pins. Hooray! And don't worry, Dad, I'll find another way to toughen her up.
Last week, Mary Ellen and I met with Carissa (aka the Diaper Lady) and had our official "Diaper Consultation." Basically, I just went to her house and looked at all of the products that were available, and then made a few purchases. She was great, though, and answered a lot of my questions. We're starting small, so I only came home with 4 items. In case you're curious, we bought 2 Bum Genius All-in-Ones and 2 Thirsties Duo Diapers. These are 2 different types of pocket diapers, which means they have liners that you stuff into a pocket inside the cute little diapers. Then the diapers go on the baby using either snaps or Velcro. They're really easy to use and so far, they haven't sprung any leaks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That diaper is really cute, but not as cute as the sweet little baby! What a doll!!!
ReplyDeleteYour diaper lady's name is Carissa? Well, we thought we'd limited our daughter to a life of food service for having named her Carissa (every other Carissa we've ever met has been a waitress), but now I'm glad to see she'll have some other career options. haha! And I do like the options for cloth diapers. Seems very interesting. I think I like the ones on the bottom the best. The one in the middle looks interesting.
ReplyDelete