Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Let the Decorating Begin!

We now have the two main pieces of furniture for the baby's room. The crib and the baby's dresser are here, and they are perfect. One more not-so-fun project to go, and then we can let the decorating begin. We have our friendly handyman coming on Saturday to install the ceiling fan/light in the room since, for some reason, this room isn't currently equipped with either. I don't think we're going to have to paint anything, but Mom has generously offered to help with that when she's here in a few weeks, so a painting project is still a possibility.

I decided a few weeks ago that I would take the bedding off of our registry. I couldn't see a reason to pay nearly $200 for something that I could make myself for much less and that would be much more special. As a bonus, I get to make just the things that we'll actually use: a crib skirt and a valance, and of course, a quilt. Sewing is something that I've enjoyed since I can remember, and I've made many quilts for many other special babies, so why not do something for ours, right? My friend Maria and I spent a fun couple of hours at the fabric store a few weeks ago, and I'm thrilled with what we found. Here's one of the fabrics that I'll be using, which should give you an idea of the color scheme for the room. I think it's very cheery and friendly, and I love the colors! I can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

  1. Still love it! Can't wait to see the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the fabric! I wish I had the sewing talent that you have :) Cannot wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already looking forward to seeing it in person in July!

    ReplyDelete