I just checked the Baby Ticker today, and I couldn't believe what I saw. We're in the 50s for days remaining. Really!? We get to meet the baby in (approximately) 56 days?! Oh, wait. 8 weeks is all we have left before this baby arrives?! And yes, I can hear you when you say, "That's only if the baby is on time, Lisa. It could be less than that." Breathing...
Okay, yes. I can do this. We can do this. We've been looking forward to it for so long, and some of the physical stuff is really starting to take shape (and not just my physical shape). Brian has been a real champ about helping get all of the furniture arranged and getting things sorted. He figured out how to modify his corner desk into a standard desk so that the guest room is now actually usable. He even let me screw in a few bolts (I miss my handyman days sooo much!) as we reassembled the desk. It looks great, and you would never know that he built the desk himself. So one more room has been whipped into shape.
My Mom and my Aunt Linda were here for the weekend, and we shopped and shopped and shopped. My pleasantly puffy feet were less than trilled by this, but we made it through and were pretty successful. With Mom and Linda's help, we got the furniture rearranged, clothes washed and put away, closet organized, changing area set up, and most of the non baby-related clutter out of the baby's room. And we made a sweet little valance and curtains for the nursery (photos TK). As Linda put it this morning, "Lisa, I think you have that room ready to bring home a baby."
Well, technically, she's right. But somehow I feel that we're going to need every minute of the next 8 weeks to prepare before we start this new adventure. Tick, tock, tick...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am constantly checking that baby ticker and watching it QUICKLY get lower and lower!! For some reason when I had one of those myself it seemed to go a lot slower :)
ReplyDeleteHow is the momma to be feeling???
I cannot wait to see updated pictures of the babys room!!!