Saturday, August 13, 2011

More 1st Birthday Fun



I realized today that if I was planning to add more updates from Mary Ellen's first birthday extravaganza that I'd better do it before August 15 when she will officially become a 13-month old. Here are a few more pics from her birthday weekend:

For the final event on Mary Ellen's actual birthday, we took her to Willow Tree Cafe, a family favorite. This German restaurant features a polka band on Friday and Saturday nights, and our little dancer was delighted by the music. Jenson was delighted with the spaetzle, but then aren't we all?

On the Saturday after her birthday, we hosted a little BBQ for family and some close friends. We really tried to keep is simple, but there were a few special decorations for Mary Ellen. She (like I'm sure all babies are) is infatuated with the balloons at the supermarket. So what better decoration than the largest balloon I could find? Seriously, this thing was enormous. And she loved it!

I put together a quick timeline made of Mary Ellen's monthly photos. It still amazes me that the first year is already over.

Amy and I tried our hands at a cupcake menagerie. Aren't they cute? Don't worry, Amy. I won't show any pictures of the pig-lions.


Mary Ellen was somewhat interested in her little birthday cake, but she wasn't thrilled by any means. She tried a little bit of the frosting, smeared a little on her face, and then declared, "Dow-Doh.: (Translation: All done.)



Fun times with Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Matt!

Part 1 of what I hope will become a birthday tradition: 1-year-old Mary Ellen in my Cards jersey. It's hard to believe that someday she'll fill it out.


1 comment: