Monday, August 1, 2011

Chores

When Brian and I were first looking to buy our house, I shared with him one of my little idiosyncratic requirements for our future neighborhood: children doing chores. I guess in my mind, it's the sign of a good neighborhood when you see the whole family outside raking leaves or washing the car on a Saturday or Sunday. I was raised in a house that values work and I am thankful for it. I guess I also don't want to be the only family on the block that sends their little one to the curb with a trashcan in tow. Anyway, back then he laughed at my search for the choring children, but I think he understood the point.

Our neighborhood turned out to have a few helpful children, so Mary Ellen will be in good company when she is old enough to lend a hand.

So check out our little darling attempting to help with her first chores. Never mind the dirty laundry. We all have it, you know.

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! I bet you'll have all kinds of good people move in to your neighborhood once they get a look at this kid. I could swear that M.E. is saying "stuck" at one point near the end...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking on the child labor laws in your area.lol
    I remember when my children enjoyed helping with the chores.
    Aunt Bridget

    ReplyDelete