Monday, February 28, 2011

Vintage Baby

Mom has been slowly moving her children out of her house for at least a decade now. Every time I go to Barry, it seems that she's asking me to go through one box or another and pitch things or take things with me to Florida. I love that she's kept things for us all these years, and I really appreciate that she's continuing to keep many of my belongings in her basement still since Brian and I have a noticeable lack of storage in our current house.

I especially love that she kept some of my baby clothes. Mom brought a selection of clothes with her on one of her trips down after Mary Ellen was born, and I finally remembered to pull some of the little ones out. Did someone say "Photo Shoot"?

The knit hat is part of a sweater set, but with temps in the 80s, I decided to forgo the sweater.


Such a girly little outfit! It's probably a good thing that I didn't wait too much longer to try this one on her. Those legs might not fit in the leg holes in another couple of weeks.


Mary Ellen had never been so dressed up. There is not a thread of natural fiber in the dress (or the tights for that matter), but she was a good sport about what must have been a very itchy situation. **Note the cat stalker in the background.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! How precious! Mary Ellen is quite the little lady in the bottom picture. And I love the cat photo bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I think the pink outfit is perfect for a visit from Grandpa Dave, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you put her in these outfits. She is quite the little lady in the dress,so serious about posing in "Mom's" clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so proud of herself in her little dress and shiny shoes!

    ReplyDelete