Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mary Ellen is 7 months old!




Gulp. How did it go by so quickly!?

Our little girl is growing up fast. She's attempting a new milestone as I write - putting herself to sleep for the night on her own. She's had a few rough patches as of late with sleeping, and I swore that it was time to just let her cry it out. I am really hoping to avoid all the drama because she's so good about putting herself to sleep during the day that I just want it to transfer. Here's hoping, and judging by the lack of blips on the monitor, so far so good!

A few other little tidbits about my sweet Babu at 7 months of age:
  • She's starting to like this eating thing. She ate sweet potatoes and avocado today, and, whether she'll admit it or not, she was enjoying herself. The sweet potatoes were a hit and she would grab for the spoon as soon as I had it loaded. Oh, that's another thing. She will only eat if she's the one to put the spoon in her mouth. It's adorable, and why should I be surprised that she's miss I Can Do It Myself? Whatever works, right?
  • She starting to make more sounds. She's vocal, verbal, and just plain loud! But I'm not complaining. This girl is happy and she hollers to let the world know it.
  • She constantly flapping her arms up and down. I guess it's just another sign of happiness. Sometimes there's an object in hand to bang with, and other times, she just flaps for the fun of it.
  • She's a pro at sitting. I've seen the beginnings of her creeping forward, but she's just not wild about being on her tummy, so I still think it's a while before she get the idea of crawling.

2 comments:

  1. 7 Months-seriously??? I cannot belive it!! She is such a big girl and we miss her so much!! I cannot wait to see her again and witness all her milestones 'live'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing you as a baby with the desire to do so many things on your own(and keep up with Amy) I am not at all surprised to see this show of independence in your child. It has been such a great 7 monmths watching her grow!!! It was so wonderful to have her here last week.

    ReplyDelete