Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Visiting the Family, Part 2

Mary Ellen's first visit to St. Louis was an important milestone, but just as important to me was meeting my new nephew, Jenson. My sister Amy and I have always been close, and I've so loved sharing the experience of being a new mother with her. Jenson is adorable, and he couldn't be more different than Mary Ellen. Jenson has angular features and these long, skinny arms that seem to go on forever. There's nothing angular or skinny about Mary Ellen at all. Jenson has a very red complexion and a tone of crazy dark hair that goes everywhere. Our little girl is as fair as can be, and though she has hair, it tends to do what it's told, and the color is still TBD. Even their personalities seem to be opposites, but then Jenson is still getting used to his new life on the outside and has some learning to do about good sleep habits. You hear that, Jenson?

The cousins got along splendidly, that is until Mary Ellen got a hold of Jenson's sleeve and tried to eat it. It's okay. He won't remember.

Don't let him fool you. He's not sleeping.

It was so good to see the uncles Matt and Mike. They are pretty smitten with our new additions, and I love that they both seem more willing to handle the little ones.

The Grand apple doesn't fall far from the tree, either. Apparently, Grandpa knows what he's doing!

After a lovely visit in St. Louis, poor Brian had to return home to work, but Mary Ellen and I made our way up to Pike County for her first visit to my neck of the woods. It's no surprise that we stopped off for dinner at Cassano's Pizza. And no, we don't know if Mary Ellen likes green olives yet.
Mom and I took a walk down to bank to see Dad and to introduce her around. Making a first visit to the bank is a milestone in itself, and I hope she made a good impression on all the ladies at the bank. We stopped on the way home for photo with some of the amazing fall color that I got to see.


A big thank you to my Aunt Linda for bringing my grandma down to Barry so she could meet her newest Great Granddaughter. I know it meant a lot to all of us that we could get together. Grandma and Mary Ellen got along splendidly, and they spent a nice two-hour car ride in the backseat together. I think they made perfect traveling companions for one another.

Four Generations: Great Grandma Moulds, Grandma Janet, Lisa, Mary Ellen

Grandmas and babies - for these two ladies, it doesn't get much better than this!

She really is Grandma's girl.

6 comments:

  1. It's your friendly neighborhood blog-watcher again, unable to restrain myself from commenting. There are so many great pictures here, it's hard to pick a favorite! (The Knepper Nappers are a great pair...) Looks like you had a fabulous trip. So many babies and lots of love to go around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! So much fun. I agree with Maria that the "Knepper Nappers" are too funny. And your grandma (great-grandma to ME) is totally beaming with her great-grandaughter! So fun!
    ~wendy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one made me cry...I can't express how much your visit meant to all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the generations shot! That girl got really around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip! When you look back at everything you did and all of the visits you made, you can confirm that Mary Ellen really is a good baby! By the way - Jenson is totally jealous that ME has been to the bank AND to Cassano's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, Lisa, great pictures. The one that touches me the most is the 4 generations picture and I'm so happy that you have one. I also love that you had to put a blanket on Mary Ellen! So different from the weather here lately!

    ReplyDelete