Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Making the Cut




I love it! I had worn my hair this way years ago, and I can't even remember when I stopped keeping it short, but welcome back short hair! Of course Mary Ellen is a big reason for getting it cut short, since her hands were always in my hair if it wasn't pulled back in a ponytail.

I can't help but make the connection to my mom with this experience. She had long hair (really long hair, down to the middle of her back or longer) before she had me. Of course I don't remember her with long hair, but I used to love to look at pictures of her with her beautiful long hair because she looked so different than the mom I knew. I wonder if Mary Ellen will have the same experience.

My ponytail measured 8.5 inches, so I can donate it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths project, which accepts hair longer than 8 inches to make wigs for cancer patients. (Thanks to Amanda at J Lauren Salon in Oveido for doing a fabulous job!)

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, your new cut looks great! I love it! The only time I've had my hair cut short as an adult was about 3-4 months after Carissa was born. Hmmmm . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you have these pictures for posterity. Or at least for Mary Ellen. Your hair really was long, and look at how healthy--it'll make a beautiful wig! Lucky you, you look good with your hair either long or short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa it looks GREAT! LOVE that you were able to donate too :) I wish I had a non-round face and could go short...it would be awesome. A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new hair! And I can't believe how big Mary Ellen is getting. She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Lisa! For a great cause and you look like a hot mamma!

    ReplyDelete