
For the last ten years, if anyone had asked me what my dream job would be, my answer would have been very simple: Mom. Well, this dream job came a knocking, and I answered the call. And thanks to Brian's support and a little belt tightening, I've accepted the full-time position. On Tuesday, I put in my two-weeks notice at HMH. My last day will be next Friday.
I've always worked. I've had full-time summer jobs since I was 14, and I've often had two or three jobs going simultaneously. But it only took two days of being back at work to realize that I am not willing to let anything get in my way of doing the best job I can as a mom. This isn't a long-term strategy, since I can't imagine being out of the workforce forever, but it was an opportunity that I could not pass up. And when I do decide to return to work, I'll have a chance to find something that is much closer to home and closer to my heart. But for now - this is a dream come true.
There couldn't be a better job in the world--congratulations on your new position! I am so very happy for you. Just imagine all the adventures coming your way!
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes--I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteLisa,
ReplyDeleteI will always be grateful for staying home with my kids. There is nothing better or harder on some days. Enjoy and congratulations.
Aunt Bridget