Sunday, August 22, 2010
Back to Reality
Mondays don't seem so bad when (A) you don't have to go in to work and (B) you had the most refreshing weekend you've had in a long time. This weekend marked a return to some sort of normalcy in our lives. For the first time since Mary Ellen arrived, I was able to spend some of my time doing things that I have long enjoyed doing. In two days I was able to bake banana bread, work on a wall hanging for her room, go to a fabric store, put a coat of polyurethane on a shelf, and read (a novel, not a child rearing book) before I went to bed. What a life! And the best part, hold onto your hats: Brian, Mary Ellen, and I went to brunch on Sunday morning. We left the house a little before 10 and were the only people in the restaurant, but who cares? It was lovely. I didn't go for the mimosa just yet, though. Maybe next weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's great news, Lisa! I'm sure you feel more like yourself now. Awesome, awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou accomplished a lot this weekend! I loved the photos you posted on Aug. 19 of Mary Ellen posing in her cute hats:)
ReplyDeleteYippee! Welcome back. :) Let's put mimosas on the calendar for Sunday Sept. 5!!
ReplyDelete