What's made the piece of swampland our actual home are the people that we've met here. We've got an amazing network of friends, and I'm so thankful to have crossed paths with each and every one of them. And I know that I'll be even more thankful when we bring our little bundle of joy home and realize that while our families may live 1,000 miles away, we're not all alone here.
My friends have already been amazingly supportive throughout my pregnancy. From listening to my little complaints and worries to making me feel better about my feet (which have now graduated to being called Easter Hams) to being incredibly generous in helping us to prepare for Baby Fleming. Two weeks ago, my colleagues at HMH threw us a wonderful shower. We got all sorts of goodies for the baby, including a stroller and about two dozen books. What else would you expect from the Reading Department?
Nothing says "Celebration" like a conference room party. Seriously, though, it was decorated with lots of cute little touches and was filled with friends and colleagues. What more could we ask for?Later that week, the ladies in my Book Club surprised me with a little shower, too. It was so fun to celebrate with all of them, and just look at how precious this cake is!
We have one more shower here in Orlando this weekend, and I am super excited (expect more pics next week). While I am thrilled and blessed to be the recipient of so many wonderful things for the baby, what means even more to me is the support that we continue to get from all of our loved ones here in the Sunshine State. Thanks and love to all of you!!

You and that baby are soooo loved! Great Eric Carle cake--only a teacher would appreciate it enough. :)
ReplyDeleteI for one am glad y'all decided to stay a while!
ReplyDeleteI second that, Maria! =)
ReplyDeleteI knew you'd have lots of wonderful friends in Orlando who would want to give you a shower! I can't wait to see all the goodies you've received for Baby Fleming
ReplyDeleteLot of love,