Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hospital Tour and Baby Classes

The last few weeks have been filled with assisted preparation for Baby Fleming. We're halfway through our childbirth classes, we took our hospital tour, and we got pre-registered at the hospital. Would it surprise you to know that I've been sleeping a lot better since we started these things? Like any expecting mom, I just have so many questions and while I know it's not possible to have them all answered, seeking out the experts has been a big relief. We now have an idea of what to look for to know when Baby Fleming is about to make his or her arrival and where to go to have the baby. What more do we need to know, right?

We'll be delivering at Winnie Palmer. For you folks up north, it's the hospital in Orlando that's dedicated to women and babies, so this is pretty much all they do. I'm so thankful to have this kind of resource in town. I have many friends who have delivered here, and they all had great experiences and brought home beautiful healthy babies, so I have no reason to expect anything different. They also have Wi-Fi throughout the hospital. Can you imagine who in my family was curious about this little stat?

I have so much to post about, but this has been a really long week for us (with the classes and tours and all), so I hope to get some photos up this weekend. No promises, though, because I also have a hospital bag to pack. :)

2 comments:

  1. 31 Days...31 Days!!! Is it weird how excited I am over here??!! I cannot wait to get the phone call that our newest niece / nephew has made their arrival!

    Gary was also way interested in the internet connection at the hospital. Can you believe with Brooke that there was no wireless (the horror) and we could only plug directly into the phone line...those were hard times in 2007.

    Also, make sure Brian packs the DS. Kept Gary way busy in those early hours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip, Kelly. I'm pretty sure Brian has already carefully planned the electronics bag that he'll be bringing, but I'll make sure he remembers the DS. Funny where our priorities are, right? Lisa's bag: toothbrush, slippers, baby clothes. Brian's bag: iPod, DS, laptop, all related chargers.

    ReplyDelete