I don't know where the summer has gone, but it dawned on me that I've not written about the 10-day trip that Mary Ellen and I took to IL/MO/IA last month. So here goes:
We were able to celebrate with Amy and Chris at Jenson's baptism. It was a nice little ceremony, and my godson did quite well. The kids were just getting reacquainted at this point.
Mary Ellen got to meet her other Great Grandma Mary. We celebrated Grandma's birthday with a BBQ after the annual Knepper Open. I wish we could make it back for this weekend every year - it was so good to reconnect with everyone.
Aw, Uncle Mike and Aunt Nicki. We miss you!
By the end of the 10-day trip, Mary Ellen and Jenson were quite used to each other. They're going to be pretty good pals, these two.
I hope you get to go back to Iowa soon too. Sounds like you had such a good time. By the way, that Nicki gets more and more beautiful every time I see her:)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I posted a belated comment on
Mary Ellen's animal show video, which I loved