Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts

This past weekend, Baby Fleming had his/her first visit from Grandma and Grandpa Knepper (does that sound as odd as it feels to write it?), followed by his/her first Cardinals game and his/her first Blizzard from DQ. It was a great weekend, to say the least!

My mom and I also got the baby registry started. We had so much fun, and there was a startling amount of ooohing and aaahhing. I guess that's something I'll have to get used to. Brian was nice enough to let the two of us go off by ourselves, but there are still plenty of things that he and I will go out to look for soon. I know he'll get into it, too.

And for one last first, I bought Baby Fleming's first outfit. We're so blessed to have received an adorable sleeper from Kelly and Gary and a professionally puff-painted set of onesies from Matt, Mike, and Nicki, but I hadn't bought anything for the baby until this past weekend. I was really excited to see that there is some adorable "neutral" stuff out there. And I've realized that I'm a sucker for the hats. I settled on this outfit because there was a coordinating cap (the cutest thing ever) and because there is only one time in your life that you can pull off a print that big. Either way, the baby now has a pretty styling pair of duck pants (with matching sweater and cap, of course). The baby buying seal has officially been broken. Heaven help us.

4 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with ducks. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok-attempting again to comment!
    I love, love, love the duck pattern! We actually have the print in a sleeper version and it is a nighttime favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got it to work, Kelly. I love seeing all of the comments from those near and far. And I'm glad you're a fan of the ducks!

    ReplyDelete